1. What do I do if I'm not sure I want to take lessons? Do I still have to pay to try it? We hear you! You don't want to spend money on something you may not even enjoy, and we don't want that either. That's why we offer a risk-free trial lesson, absolutely zero cost to you. This gives you a chance to try it out and see you if fit well with your teacher.
2. I'm a parent and want my kids to be safe. How can I trust these teachers? Nothing is more important to us in this business than a child's safety. WE know these teachers and WE trust them, but that doesn't mean that you can - and you can never be too safe when children are involved. Each teacher is questioned and screened, these aren't just "some people" we found! They are prominent musicians who make a living doing music. However, we understand if you're still weary. Background checks can be completed upon request.
3. Does it have to be every week? Can't I take lessons every other week? Unfortunately we can't take students who can only dedicate themselves to every other week. This is a job for our teachers, and we need to be able to fill their schedules. It's a tough balance taking care of our students and teachers - but there is a way around if you can really only do every other week. If you can find a friend who is also willing to do every-other week, we would be willing to stagger the weeks between you two.
4. Why did you settle $40 an hour? We went out and looked at other music schools and music teachers and realized there were some trends that could make teachers or students miserable. Some music teachers low-ball themselves, and leave great musicians without a great income. Music is a tough thing to learn to a teaching point - and we love taking care of our teachers. Too far on the other side was high costs that left students with empty wallets and sad faces. But we love taking care of our students! We reached out, got some advice and cut a line down the middle of too low and too high.
5. I would like lessons but I can't afford it! What do I do? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's talk! We're in the business of serving you.